When it comes to water consumption, It is common knowledge that you need to drink 7-8 glasses of water every day. Your body needs water to carry out all of its functions. Unfortunately, lot of us do not follow this guideline as we have a hard time either finding the time to grab a glass, are absent minded about it, or only choose to drink it during meal times or after workouts.
As you know, water provides plenty of benefits, that’s why you must start your days with a glass of water. Well, maybe after reading these benefits, you’ll get started.
1. It helps to re-hydrate the body: Your body uses up its water supply during the night when you sleep. You don’t always wake up in the middle of the night to refill your water stores. That is why you should drink water as soon as you wake up.
2. It Increased Energy Levels and fuel the brain: Our brain is made up of over 70% water, and continuing to hydrate it is helpful in maintaining optimal brain activity. When you’re not adequately hydrated, your brain operates on less fuel, and this can range anywhere from mood and concentration issues, a higher frequency of headaches, and even increased feelings of fatigue and anxiety.
Beyond this,your physical performance will drop as you won’t have the energy to perform normal daily activities at an optimal level. When you consume water first thing in the morning, not only do you ensure your brain is hydrated but you increase how much oxygen you take in which makes you more alert and awake.
3. It Boosts Heart and Kidney Health: When you consume water in the morning, you help your kidneys out by providing it with the ability to cleanse away the toxins that have built up while you slept. When you eliminate these toxins from your body, your overall blood circulation becomes better because your body doesn’t require as much energy to remove the harmful waste. In addition to this, an increase in fluid intake will increase the volume of urine that goes through the kidneys, which will dilute any minerals you have in there.That is why you need to drink water on an empty stomach because it dilutes the acids, which lead to stones in the kidney.
4. It Improves complexion and skin radiance. Since drinking water first thing in the morning helps release toxins in the body, eliminating these toxins from the blood means keeps your skin glowing, healthy, and radiant. Dehydration is one of the primary causes for the development of wrinkles in your skin, dark patches, and deep pores in the skin. Keeping your body hydrated as the day starts, helps promote a sustained flow of blood to your skin and releases toxins from your system.
5. It Prevent Headaches and Alleviate Constipation:for those who experience a lot of headaches, water is known to help either completely treat them or at least lower their duration and pain severity. This is primarily because your brain is made up of water, so when it does not have enough, it cannot function properly, leading to inflammation or headaches.
When it comes to an actual process to the habit, the main thing you must keep in mind is to drink the water before you brush your teeth or consume a meal.The germs and bacteria inside your mouth multiply during the night. When you drink water in the morning before brushing, it will clean out your mouth and make tooth-brushing more effective.